Welcome to my fascinating world of healthy food

I am known as Sewspicy. As everyone knows food is the substance that magically transform itself into our bone, flesh and blood and it is of paramount importance that we should be aware of what goes into our mouth everyday.

I have a passion for food; that is because I care deeply about the health and beauty of one of God’s greatest creations – the human body but I am extremely discriminating and distinctive in my taste.

I love food that provide energy, strength and beauty to the body, great to taste, pleasure to the senses - not only to the taste buds but to the eyes – great to taste and great to behold. Herein are some of the recipes for food that I love, revel in with all my senses – these food almost have a soul or spirit of their own. Good and healthy food, creatively concocted are like poetry to the senses because they stir one’s sensuous imagination, spice up one’s life and open the door to a wonderful world and that is why cooking is one of my hobbies.











Oh So Healthy!

Oh So Healthy!
Fruits Are Beautiful

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Basic Mayonnaise

Ingredients


2-4 egg yolks (according to how extravagant you feel)

2 tablespoon lemon/orange juice or wine or cider vinegar, 300 ml good salad oil (olive or sunflower are best.) 1 rounded tablespoon French mustard (e.g. Dijon).

½ level tsp salt.

¼ freshly grounded black pepper.

Method

Put egg yolks in liquidizer and switch on for 2 minutes or until thick and creamy.

With machine running, add juice or vinegar. Then add oil gradually until 150 ml has been absorbed.

Now add all the seasonings, switch on again and gradually add the last of the oil.

Keeps in refrigerator for 3 – 4 weeks. Can be thinned down when required with milk, single cream or natural yoghurt or more lemon or orange juice or vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment